"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL."



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

*Grateful for:

Some of you might recognize this from our Hens & Chicks party. I just have to say I'm grateful for this journal. I'm using it to write down things that I'm grateful for DAILY. It sits by my bed and before I crawl into bed, I write what I'm grateful for from that day!! It's been so nice to reflect on my day, and to flip back a week or two and see what I was grateful for.
My first post says: March 27, 2010; Hens and Chicks at Grace's house. There's always yummy food. There were 17 of us this year (everyone listed). I always learn a little TOO much about everyone...but it's always FUN, FUN, FUN!!

Taylor asked me what I wrote a couple weeks ago and I flipped back and found some of the following entries:

April 15th: Grateful for sunshine. Grateful for America.
April 16th: Grateful for early mornings! Grateful for another gorgeous day. Grateful for sidewalk chalk. Grateful for "swim" practice!!
April 21: Grateful for piano lessons. Grateful for an education.
April 22: Grateful for visiting teachers. Grateful for rain. Grateful for cameras.
April 23: Grateful for haircuts...

I could go on and on. Anyway, it's been fun to read back on what I've written. (I do expound a bit after each gratitude phrase, so that's fun to read why I chose what I did.) Those of you that have a journal - I encourage you to start writing what you're grateful for in your day. It's been really fun and it sure changes my attitude as I reflect on all my blessings!!

7 comments:

Mardi said...

That is so great. I really ought to get started on mine. Thanks for sharing, Pam.

Lucy said...

Hey....that is the sweetest thing I've read in forever. Thanks for inspiring us, Pam.

Battfam said...

Nobody mentioned the gratitude journals to me when they told me about Hen and Chicks. What a great idea. I've heard it before, but you made it sound do-able. Thanks, Pam.

Brianna Tuckett said...

I have a "gratitude" journal and I LOVE it!! I haven't been as faithful in my writings, but it really does help change your perspective and overcome the obstacles we face when we see how blessed we are and recognize God's hand in bringing about those blessings :)

Bobi... said...

You are one amazing woman! and ps* I was grateful for swim practices too :)

Bobbi said...

That is a Great idea! I will have to do that with my cute little book I got that night. Thanks!

Audrey said...

Good for you for being proactive and doing that! You have inspired me to do the same... thanks Pam!