"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL."



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our Month of May:

We opened up the month of May with our annual "KLCE 2nd Chance Prom" in Idaho Falls. It was a riot! We've gone now 10 years and just have such a blast. We tried to get our friends, the Huntings, to go with us. Maybe next year. In fact, you can see her attempt to get her husband to come with us at http://brittneyhunting.blogspot.com/2010/05/second-chance-prom.html (I don't know how to link that with just a word. But, if you have a second, go and watch her video. She hid a camera and got her husbands' reaction on tape...so dang funny!!!)
We have been just plugging along here. The wind and the weather have been so crazy. We had 3 days of excellent weather, where we could go outside and play and then it changed dramatically to where we were layering our clothing and trying to keep warm inside!

This is Colt, staring at the cat outside. I took his high chair outside to wash it up and the cat jumped up on it and starting eating his leftovers...ICK...so I had to deep clean the thing. But, I realized that it REALLY needed that deep cleaning, so it was alright.
My kids are good workers. Mack doesn't mind mopping. He enjoys the swipper sprayer that we have and does a pretty good job.
Trixie was helping me put away baby food in the pantry. She had them all stacked nice and everything!
So, how have we been surviving the month of May? Indoor S'Mores, of course!!! So, we decided to try these BITE-SIZE S'MORES. Vanilla wafers, mini mallows, and one rectangle of choc. YUMMY!!
Turn on the front burner and throw those mallows on a skewer:
And, squish that bite-size all in one and snarf it down. Well, that's what we did anyway. That's one way we're surviving!!
Literally, out my front window, this is what we were experiencing. The wind was blowing 65 MPH and the field just across the road had been just barely been planted with grain and we had a heck of a mess. The wind blew and blew and blew this day. In fact, the power went out at 4:30 and didn't come back on until 8:30 or so that night!
SO...we hid in the basement and pretended to be pioneers! We put up the kids mini tent and read books by flashlight/lantern. We lit candles upstairs (as it got darker) and we talked and sang about the pioneers. Mack and Trixie were so excited to be "pioneers" for the day!

It was a little too close quarters for Colt...
But, they each got to take turns holding the flashlight while I read the book of their choice! It was fun!
This is the collection of dirt I got from the field across the street! I think if I'd save all the sand that blows into my house, I'd be able to fill the sandbox up outside!! It's so much and it's in every window sill and every door.
The next day did calm enough that we went and threw rocks in the canal for a little bit of "out of the house" time and give the kids something to do!

Look at Taylor's feet: as he was walking, he looked like "Pig-Pen". The dust cloud around our feet, as we walked across our lawn, was so dirty!
We also had the opportunity to see Gpa. Bruce's baby chicks. He brings them every year, so the kids can pet them and hold them. THEY LOVE IT! So, thanks Gpa!
We had friends over too, and they thought it was pretty cool as well!
Well, it has calmed down enough to go outside...off and on!
Finally got my flag hung up! You're a Grand Old Flag!!!!
Such good little buddies:
Mack is always finding new ways to make Colt laugh! A headstand attempt:

I know I've taken more pictures in May, but haven't downloaded them yet. I'll get that done tonight and hopefully finish posting tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day Weekend! Don't forget those who have gone before us, as they are truly the ones who have paved the path for us to press forward!

God Bless America!

6 comments:

Mardi said...

Love it all. Thank you for all the pictures. I live for those good 'ol Mud Lake pictures. Oh the wind and sand....I could practically smell it. I never liked the Spring in Idaho. But summer will come. Hang in there. Your kids look great - can't wait to see you all!

Annette said...

Looks like a fun adventure. I especially like the headstand picture!

Bobi... said...

That crazy wind day was awful, but my kids thought that the power being out for so long was great!

Lucy said...

such a fun post Pam. Your kids are so cute. Hope we get summer soon!

Battfam said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your post. I feel for you with the sand in the window sills. I used to hate that in the spring. You were smart to make an adventure of the power outage. Your kids will probably remember that for a long time.

Brianna Tuckett said...

It has been a CRAZY month for weather for sure!! I think we could pool the sand inside our houses together and really make a nice sandbox :) Glad you guys have been able to survive and have some fun! Hopefully the weather will get better and we can all do some fun stuff outside!! :) :)