"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL."



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Days

Well, I'm sure I've experienced being "snowed in". I just don't remember the details. I do remember that as a kid, it was cool to be snowed in. No school, and you could play outside ALL day! (As long as you were warm.) Well, we've been snowed in for a few days and it's been so crazy. The snow started Saturday and Sunday, but the wind started Monday morning and didn't stop until Tuesday night at 8:00 PM. We experienced a continual blizzard the whole time. There were times when new snow joined the old snow, but all of it was blowing and filling our yard with drifts!

Mack had to add "Wolverine" marks to his spot in the snow!

This is just outside our door, the drift was too big to bring the wheelbarrow closer, so the boys had to go out over top to bring it in!

Mack making a snow angel in the front yard.
(I tried to rotate this twice...)

Taylor and Mack played "King of Bunker Hill" for quite some time, over by the garden area. It's somewhat protected by the trees, but the hill was huge, Mack said.
(...I also tried to rotate this one twice.)

Hmmm...apparently our garage doors don't shut tight! This is small compared to what it is this morning, but we couldn't get out if we wanted too! The drifts in the garage are quite high as well!

Trixie tried to venture out. About 10 steps into it, she was bawling, but Taylor had her play for about 10 minutes, so he could take her around the yard and show her all the drifts and things!

The sunset last night, you can't really "see" the blowing snow, but the wind was blowing so hard, it was getting old. That drift just keeps getting higher and higher!

Out at the corrals, Mack is sitting on more drifts that he found. Our wood pile is completely covered!

Here's the drifts over by Uncle Jay's shop. Mack was having a blast climbing them all.

This one is as tall as our clothesline!! Mack was so excited that he was bigger than the clothesline.

This is our front yard. My sidewalk, non-existent at the moment.

Here's the front of the house. Mack is standing on that front drift that is higher than our steps!!
It's been quite interesting. All roads were closed yesterday (county, highway, freeway). We couldn't have gone anywhere if we wanted. We were supposed to head to Wyoming for Thanksgiving, but the storm is headed that direction and we don't want to risk getting stuck somewhere in between here and there.

We hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope you're ready for the holidays! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here!

3 comments:

Bobi... said...

That storm was INSANE!

Brianna Tuckett said...

HOLY COW!!!! You guys really got snowed in! It wasn't quite as bad at our house because we have the canal to protect us, but man that's nuts!! Glad you stayed safe and warm!! :)

Head Over Hills said...

I had no idea you had a blog! Yeah! Your family is so cute! Congrats to you to on your number 4! We are planning to be there for Christmas. I would love to see you guys. I really hope all is well with you guys!